5 Simple No-Fuss Exercises to Reduce Belly Fat
A healthy diet in itself may not be enough to help you reduce belly fat. Exercise is essential to burn the layers of fat on your stomach and create the slim, toned and tight physique to both look and feel amazing. Here are 5 simple exercises that you can start to do straight away to help you reduce belly fat:
Walking, Running, or Jogging
Engaging in cardio exercises which boost the heart rate is essential to start shifting the pounds. Aim to reduce overall body fat and your belly will follow. If you are relatively new to exercise, walking is a good low impact, yet effective way to start. Aim to walk a minimum of 30-45 minutes a day at least 5 days a week. Gradually increase the speed or time spent to improve calorie burn.
Running or jogging takes the fat reduction to a whole different level and can help you whittle the stomach in no time at all. Invest in a good pair of supportive running shoes, pace yourself, hydrate adequately and start small. Cardio exercises work by elevating the heart rate and boosting metabolism so it becomes harder to hold onto the pounds.
Swimming is another highly effective aerobic exercise to reduce overall body fat and get a more toned physique. To get best results, aim to swim at least 30 minutes per day using vigorous strokes in combination with a healthy diet.
Crunches are one of the more popular and well-known exercises to lose belly fat. Whilst many different variations at different intensity levels exist, the basic crunch can be performed as follows:
1. Lie down on a mat with your knees bent and feet pressed onto the floor
2. Place your hands behind your head for support
3. Inhale deeply and as you exhale, slowly lift your upper body off the ground to an angle of no more than 30 to 40 degrees
4. Hold for a few seconds
5. Inhale deeply as you lower yourself back to the ground
6. Exhale as you come up
7. Repeat for 2 to 3 sets of 10 repetitions each.
Bending Side to Side
Bending side to side is another very effective exercise to achieve fat reduction on your waistline.
1. Stand on the ground with your feet a few inches apart, arms hanging loose.
2. With your feet firmly planted on the ground, place your right hand on your right waist and bend as far as is comfortably possibly on the right towards the ground. Keep your left arm raised upwards.
3. Hold for about 15 seconds
4. Return to the starting position
5. Repeat on the other side.
6. Aim for 10 repetitions per set for a total of 2 to 3 sets.
So called because the movements mimic bicycling, the bicycle exercise is another effective belly reduction exercise.
1. Lie down on your mat with your legs placed flat against the floor
2. Place your hands behind your head
3. Slowly lift both legs off the floor at a 45 degree angle.
4. Lift your upper torso off the ground and bring one knee close to meet the chest.
5. Switch legs.
6. Repeat 5 times on each side, lower legs and then ease back onto the ground.
7. Aim for 2 to 3 sets of 10 repetitions each.
To reduce belly fat effectively and get the best results, remember to engage in fat burning cardio exercise at least a minimum of 30 minutes, 5 times a week, together with a healthy eating plan.